Thursday, December 30, 2010

Special moments of 2010!

As we come to the end of year 2010, I want to list out the special moments that enlightened our lives this year.
January was a quiet month, nothing special.
Feb, we visited Shirdi, the holy place of Sri Sai Maharaj.
March, we went to an IPL match played between Mumbai Indians and Rajasthan Royals. This was a surprise birthday gift to my Mother who incidentally shares her birthday with my Father in March, and who has been a great fan of Sachin Tendulkar. Her long-time wish was to watch her idol play live and the moment was right as she was in Mumbai with us in March when the IPL matches were being played.  The look of surprise on her face and the tears of joy in her eyes will always be remembered!
April, we celebrated another birthday, this time my Mother-in-law's who celebrated her 60th birthday this year. Our efforts paid off when we managed to have a surprise birthday party for her with all our near and dear ones.
May, this year was special. For one, my husband entered his 30th year and two, we celebrated our fifth wedding anniversary. "Five years so soon", I quipped. My husband added, "29 years so soon!"
June and July, I spent at my parents' place as my dear hubby was out of the country. Two months filled with travel, fun, pampering, and relaxation. Most important, I started blogging!
August, we went on a family trip to Rajasthan with my parents, my sister and her husband.  Ten amazing days of travel through the entire length and breadth of Rajasthan covering places like Jaipur, Bikaner, Jaisalmer, Jodhpur, Mount Abu, Udaipur, and Chittorgarh, and gorging on rich royal food of the state.
September, again, was quiet, nothing out of the ordinary.
October, I started my online shop at Etsy.
November, I celebrated my birthday with my loved ones.
December, a month of celebrations with three of our dear friends getting married. A Punjabi-Maharashtrian wedding in the first week of December, a Konkani-Tamil wedding in mid-December, and a beautiful Catholic wedding last night.
All in all, a great year and I hope that the coming year brings with it lots more love, happiness and peace all around.
Wishing you all a very happy new year!

4 comments:

sm said...

happy new year

Amrit said...

Mangla,

Good to know more about you.

We also wish you a very happy new year 2011

Anonymous said...

Happy new year Mangala...Wish you all success in 2011 and all years ahead...

Mangala said...

Thanks n wish u all a great year ahead too

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...