Sunday, December 26, 2010

A Fruit Cake

Our colony which is predominantly a Catholic one,  the air is filled with heavenly aromas of baking cakes, cookies, pies, etc. I decided to bake a cake today. This was the first time I was trying my hand at decorating the cake with icing n all, but luckily it turned out great! It was a very tasty cake, a recipe which I got from here. Do give it a try. The cake was really really moist and flavoursome.
Of note, it took me about an hour to bake this cake. Almost at my wit's end on finding the cake uncooked after the suggested 35-40 minutes of baking, it finally baked to perfection after almost an hour.


Sorry for the amateurish icing. Tried it for the very first time.

Yesterday was a dear friend's birthday and since he was visiting us today, we decided to get him to cut this cake. Had a great Sunday afternoon with friends and this yummy cake. Will surely make it again :)

2 comments:

Mak said...

Looks very nice. I hope your friend must have had a great time to celebrate his b'day with you all?

Mangala said...

thanks, Mak. we all friends had a great time catching up with each other.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...