Thursday, November 18, 2010

This granny troubled me a lot!

This granny troubled me a lot!! Since the last one week, I have been having some trouble or the other with this one.

Granny hexagon bag

This is the first time I tried granny hexagons and I liked it in the first try. But I could not decide what to make of these hexagons. It took me almost 5 hours to finally decide to make this bag. Once I started making the bag, one of the yarns got over and I had to wait for two days to get a fresh supply of that colour. Then I was not sure as to how big or small the bag should be. Finally when I decided upon the total number of rows and columns, I just could not get the base attached properly. Since afternoon today, I had been working on getting the base right. Finally when the base worked out properly, and all the loose ends tied securely, one of the upper hexagons gave way, and the petals opened up. So I had to remove that hexagon, do it all over again, and finally take a picture of the completed bag. Phew!! Never had so much trouble with any other bag till date!!

2 comments:

Thendral said...

Awesome! It looks great! Lovely colors! troubles gives some pleasure later...

Mangala said...

tnx Thendral :) Ya troubles are okay if the results are good.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...