Friday, November 19, 2010

30 things to know about me!

On the eve of my 29th birthday, today, I decided to put down certain things about me that I would like other people to know. Since I am entering my 30s tomorrow, I decided to find 30 things about myself. So these are the 30 facts about me, not in any particular order.

  1.  Born in the early hours of a wintery Friday, 20th November 1981, in Mysore, I am the eldest child of my parents.
  2.  My favourite colour is pink.
  3. My hobbies include reading, mostly nonfictional like biographies etc, embroidery, and crochet.
  4. I spent the first five years of my life in Kanhangad, Kerala, the next 18 years in Mangalore where I grew up and had my education. For the last almost 6 years I have been in Mumbai where I settled after marriage.
  5. I have a younger sister with whom I fight a lot, but also am protective about her. 
  6. I love to cook, love to eat, love seafood, love to try new cuisines, love to experiment in food but no plans of eating giraffe/crocodile/cockroaches etc.
  7. I love to travel. In the last few years, my husband- who shares my passion for travel- and I, have traveled to most places in Himachal Pradesh, Rajasthan, and Singapore.
  8. I am a very organised person and love to take up responsibilities. Any responsibility allocated to me is considered done.
  9. A graduate in Microbiology, I am working as a medical transcriptionist since the last six years now.
  10. I  make friends with great thought, but if friends with someone, then friends for life. 
  11. Try to betray me and you will feel my scorpion sting forever.
  12. I am very good at running a household and taking care of a house, all thanks to my Mother who trained us well.
  13. I was good in studies, never had to read before exams all thanks to a great memory. Always scored well.
  14. Love to play with colours, be in embroidery or painting or crochet.
  15. I have a great collection of novels, fiction and nonfiction, ranging from the Enid Blyton series, Nancy Drew, to the biographies of Maharani Gayatri Devi and other prince and princesses of ancient India.
  16. I am very short-tempered, something my family and friends will vouch for.
  17. Blessed with good parents, sister, family, in-laws, and also a supportive and loving husband.
  18. I had a love marriage, which some of my friends still find hard to digest that I, being as practical as I am, managed to fall in love.
  19. I used to write poems, but it has been ages since I wrote anything new.
  20. A good agony aunt to friends and colleagues.
  21. I can be lazy at times, many a times actually, but will spring into action the minute some responsibility is handed to me.
  22. I don't shop often, but if I do, then I prefer to go for quality than quantity.
  23. When I got married, I was not even aware of the basics of makeup. Even applying lipstick was with great difficulty.
  24.  If I know about something, I know it well. If I do something, I do it well. If not, I will not speak or do it. Nothing is half done. It is either done well or not done at all.
  25. I can be very very dominating, but then that is the way I get things done. It is my way or the highway!
  26. I am very good at embroidery, be it the basics, mirror work, kutch work, Kasuthi work, shadow work, ribbon work.  
  27. I get very excited about my birthdays.  In school and college, I used to remind everyone a day prior to my birthday, not for want of gifts or cards, but I felt happy when everyone wished me.
  28. I get emotionally attached to my loved ones. So I get angry and sad pretty soon.
  29. I hate my photos. I don't feel I ever look good in pictures.
  30. I am very independent, want to do everything myself, find out about things myself, but if my husband offers to do that for me, which is very rarely, then I just love it. But even then I do find out about things, just in case he forgets, which is often ;)
Anybody wants to add more points about me, good or bad, please feel free to do so. 
Anybody wants to negate any point from above, good or bad, please feel free to do so.
And guys, please do remember, its my birthday tomorrow!!! 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

oh ho..its ur bday tmw?/?? i did not know that...lol.

Thendral said...

Many more happy returns of the day. wish u happy birthday Mangala!

Mangala said...

Thanks Thendral :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...